Terms and Conditions
Bookings can be made directly on www.privatedirver.is or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For private tours we need one main contact who provides payment and their contact information for the entire group
Terms of Payment
You can either pay directly when booking using your credit card. Or using a secure payment link which our sales team gladly sends you. The payment process is secure and independent. We will not receive and therefore not store your credit card information.
Terms for Private Airport Transfers And Day tours
Day tours can be cancelled until 24 hours prior to departure to receive a full refund, after that no refund can be issued. Cancellations have to be sent to email@example.com.
Terms for Multi Day tours and self drive tours
Multi-day tours can be cancelled via email and the following policy applies:
- More than 1 week prior to arrival: 90% refund
- Between a week and 24 hours prior to departure: 50% refund
- Less than 24 hours prior to departure: no refund
Terms for private tours
Private tours can be cancelled via email and the following policy applies:
- More than 3 days ( 72 hours) prior to arrival: Full refund
- Between 72 hours and 24 hours prior to departure: 50% refund
- Less than 24 hours prior to departure: no refund
If the private tour includes accommodation:
- More than 1 week prior to arrival: 50% refund
- Between a week and 24 hours prior to departure: No refund
Pricing and validity of prices
All prices include VAT and all current taxes. The rates and conditions provided by sales representatives are valid for 14 days from date of issue. The prices displayed are per Adult, vehicle, or room depending on the type of tour.
Force Majeure: Travel Reykjavík disclaims responsibility for any loss, damage, accidents, sickness or changes in schedules resulting from causes beyond the control of Travel Reykjavík. Such causes include, but are not limited to, acts of nature, labour disputes or any other irregularity beyond Travel Reykjavik´s control. Travel Reykjavík reserves the right to alter routes, itineraries or departure times, without prior notice, should the necessity arise. In case of any changes in flights (domestic and international), the travellers/agency shall pay any additional cost caused by this, at the time the service is provided (extra hotel nights, meals, transfers etc.). We advise all traveller(s) to have comprehensive travel insurance to meet all contingencies.
Travel Reykjavík will not be responsible for any injury, illness, death, loss (for example loss of enjoyment), damage, expense, cost or other sum or claim of any description whatsoever which results from any of the following:
- The act(s) and/or omission(s) of the traveller(s) affected or any member(s) of their party or
- The act(s) and/or omission(s) of a third party not connected with the provision of the services and which were unforeseeable or unavoidable or
- Circumstances beyond Travel Reykjavík control as defined under Force Majeure.
Complaints by Traveller
If a traveller has a problem during the holiday, which cannot be resolved locally please contact Travel Reykjavik. All complaints must reach Travel Reykjavik before the departure from Iceland. Otherwise, any possible compensation is not valid.
Travel Reykjavík considers adequate travel insurance to be essential Travel Reykjavik cannot accept responsibility for any cost for the travellers that may incur as a result of failing to take out insurance cover. It is the traveller’s responsibility to ensure that the insurance covers all their activities during the holiday, for example, water sports, riding tours, snowmobile tours and other activities. Please read your insurance´s policy carefully and take it along on your holiday.
Credit card fraud contingency
We reserve the right to cancel a booking if card payments are declined or if incorrect credit card information has been supplied. We also reserve the right to do random checks in order to minimize credit card fraud.
Travel Reykjavik undertakes that it shall not disclose any any confidential information. May it be concerning the business, affairs, travellers, clients or suppliers of the customer for any purpose other than necessary to perform its obligations under this agreement.
Travel Reykjavik may disclose the other party's confidential information:
- to its employees, officers, representatives or advisers who need to know such information for the purposes of carrying out the party's obligations under this agreement. Each party shall ensure that its employees, officers, representatives or advisers to whom it discloses the other party's confidential information comply with this clause.
- as may be required by law, court order or any governmental or regulatory authority.
The Information we collect and need when booking are the main traveller´s name, phone number and email address. Depending on the type of travel we may require the hotel in Iceland you are staying at ( pick up location ), flight information ( airport transfers and self drive tours). If third parties are involved in the operation of a booked tour they will receive the information necessary for the tour´s proper operation.
In the event of any type of sensitive information, the specific party is required to articulate its requirements clearly and in writing.
This agreement and any dispute or claims arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed and construed by the laws of Iceland. The parties irrevocably agree that the courts of Iceland shall have jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with this agreement or its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims).
- We collect anonymous statistics about your visit, like which of our pages you viewed.
- Some 3rd parties like Facebook and Twitter may know you visited this website, if you use their services.
- • We can’t control them but we don’t believe this knowledge poses any threat to you.If you sign up with us we take great care to keep your information safe and we’ll never share it with others without your express permission.
- We never share your data with 3rd parties except to help us deliver our own services.
The following is strictly necessary in the operation of our website:
This website will:
The following are not Strictly Necessary, but are required to provide you with the best user experience and also to tell us which pages you find most interesting (anonymously).